1. God is to be worshiped on His own terms, and the "success" of a worship service is to be measured by how He is glorified according to those terms.
2. The Bible reveals that Christians can offer both "acceptable" and "unacceptable" worship. It defines both.
3. Worship is not an individual encounter with God.
4. The emotional response of an individual worshiper is not always a determining factor of the acceptability of his worship.
5. It is therefore not a worthwhile goal in planning a worship service.
6. This does not mean that emotional investment by the congregation is not a consideration.
7. We must seek to lead the congregation in involving/investing their emotions in a healthy, Biblically proper way.
gonna track this series!