Friday, May 31, 2024

Psalm 23 Expanded

Yahweh, the Ever-Always Existent One, is my Shepherd, Feeding, guiding, and shielding me. Because He has provided all things for me, I never lack anything. He causes me, by His voice, to lie down, and be restful, in green tender-grass pastures. He leads, tends, and feeds me beside restful, looking-glass, waters. He turns back my life, to be what it was meant to be, by restoring my soul. He leads and places me in the highway-like paths of righteousness, for His own Name’s sake, preserving His own integrity and reputation. Yes, even though I casually and leisurely stroll through the low places of death’s empty threat, there is not so much as a hint of fear in me. I will not fear, for You are with me. Your scepter of authority, discipline, & protection, and Your staff of support cause me to give forth sighs of one who has been relieved of pressure. You set up, and prepare, an elegant dining table before me, so that I eat in style, right in front of my enemies. You bathe my head in richness, so that I cannot contain what You give me, and so my already-full-cup spills over. Surely, (there is no questioning it) goodness and mercy shall pursue me, without ever tiring out or giving up, every moment of my existence. And I will stop, sit still, and abide in the presence and household of Yahweh, the Ever-Always Existent One, throughout all eternity!

No comments: